Who is Joyce Meyer?
Pauline Joyce Hutchison, is a Charismatic Christian Bible teacher, author and speaker and president of Joyce Meyer Ministries.
Detailed Joyce Meyer Biography
Meyer was a member of Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in St. Louis, a congregation of the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod. She began leading an early-morning Bible class at a local cafeteria and became active in Life Christian Center, a charismatic church in Fenton. Within a few years, Meyer was the church’s associate pastor.
The church became one of the leading charismatic churches in the area, largely because of her popularity as a Bible teacher. She also began airing a daily 15-minute radio broadcast on a St. Louis radio station.
In 1985, Meyer resigned as associate pastor and founded her own ministry, initially called “Life in the Word.” She began airing her radio show on six other stations from Chicago to Kansas City.
In 1993, her husband Dave suggested that they start a television ministry. Initially airing on superstation WGN-TV in Chicago and Black Entertainment Television (BET), her program, now called Enjoying Everyday Life, is still on the air today.
In 2002, mainstream publisher Hachette Book Group paid Meyer over $10 million for the rights to her backlist catalog of independently released books.
In 2004 St. Louis Christian television station KNLC, operated by the Rev. Larry Rice of New Life Evangelistic Center, dropped Meyer’s programming. According to Rice, a longstanding Meyer supporter, Meyer’s “excessive lifestyle” and her teachings often going “beyond Scripture” were the impetus for canceling the program.
Joyce Meyer Ministries
Joyce Meyer Ministries exists to impact the world for Christ. We feel we are called to present the Gospel, feed the hungry, clothe the poor, minister to the elderly, widows and orphans, visit prisoners and reach out to people through love and compassion.
Joyce Meyer Daily Devotional
Get Daily inspiration through bible scripture and devotional messages from Joyce Meyer. Follow the link
Joyce Meyer Ministries App
Get quick access to Joyce’s latest teachings with the official Joyce Meyer Ministries app!
• Daily Devotional
• Enjoying Everyday Life broadcast
• Enjoying Everyday Life radio
• Conference dates and details
Easy-to-share devotionals and broadcasts let you share to friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email in seconds.
The app is fresh every day: New devotional, new EEL broadcast, and new EEL radio.
Sometimes, the broadcast is available here before it even airs on TV
Joyce Meyer Podcast
Watch or listen to the daily broadcast or podcast of Joyce Meyer Enjoying Everyday Life or Everyday Answers.
Joyce Meyer Bible Study
The Everyday Life Bible is the latest edition of Joyce’s popular study Bible, which is helping more than 1 million people go deeper in their Bible study. Now available in the most current Amplified translation (2015), Joyce’s study tips will help you apply God’s Word to your everyday life.
What is Joyce Meyer Age?
She was born on June 4, 1943, in south St. Louis.
Who’s Joyce Meyer Father?
Her father went into the army to fight in World War II soon after she was born. She has said in interviews that he began sexually abusing her upon his return.
In a sermon, the Christian author detailed the numerous occasions and tactics her father would use while she was growing up to abuse her, such as when her mother would go out shopping, or when he would take her swimming. Meyer revealed that her father abused other girls as well.
Joyce Meyer Brother
David Hutchison, Joyce Meyer’s brother was 10 years younger and her only sibling. They were both abused in different ways by their alcoholic father.
He joined the marines at age 17 and was in Vietnam. His Sergeant introduced him to more drugs to help them cope with the horrors of war. David eventually got married and had a son. Then he divorced his wife and ran away.
He died alone in some abandoned building and was found by a homeless man 30 days later.
Who’re Joyce Meyer Children?
She has four grown children; Daniel B. Meyer, Sandra Ellen McCollom, Laura Marie Holtzmann, and David Meyer.
Who’s Joyce Meyer Husband?
She is married to Dave Meyer. They were married on January 7, 1967 and have four grown children. She was previously married to a part-time car salesman shortly after her senior year of high school. The marriage lasted for five years.
What is Joyce Meyer Net Worth 2020?
Her net worth is estimated to be about $8 Million.
Joyce Meyer Social Media Accounts
Joyce Meyer Books
- Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind
- How to Hear From God: Learn to Know His Voice and Make the Right Decisions
- Beauty For Ashes: Receiving Emotional Healing (Revised Edition)
- The Penny
- The Love Revolution
- The Joy of Believing Prayer: Deepen Your Friendship With God
- A New Way of Living: Transform Your Life by Knowing Christ
- Change Making Choices That Lead To Personal Growth
- Prepare to Prosper: Moving from the Land of Lack to the Land of Plenty (Prepack 10 Edition)
- Reduce Me to Love: Unlocking the Secret to Lasting Joy
- Do It Afraid! Obeying God in the Face of Fear
- In Pursuit of Peace: 21 Ways to Conquer Anxiety, Fear, and Discontentment
- A New Way of Living: Understanding What It Means to Be a Christian
- Me and My Big Mouth: Your Answer is Right Under Your Nose
- When, God, When?
- How to Hear from God: Learn to Know His Voice and Make Right Decisions (Large Print)
- Help Me, I’m Married!
- Reduce Me to Love: Unlocking the Secret to Lasting Joy
- Enjoying a Life of Freedom
- Enjoying Where You Are On the Way to Where You Are Going: Learning How to Live a Joyful, Spirit-Led Life
- Me and My Big Mouth: Your Answer Is Right Under Your Nose
- The power of simple prayer
- Never give up
- Seasons of Love: Celebrating the Tender Moments of Life (Seasons of Life Series)
- Change: Making Choices That Lead To Personal Growth
- No compromise
- Any Minute
- Knowing God Intimately: Being as Close to Him As You Want to Be
- I Dare You: Embrace Life with Passion
- Tell them I love them
- Living Beyond Your Feelings: Controlling Emotions So They Don’t Control You
- The Battle Belongs to the Lord: Overcoming Life’s Struggles Through Worship
- Eat and Stay Thin: Simple, Spiritual, Satisfying Weight Control
- Help Me I’m Alone: Trusting in God in Times of Loneliness and Grief