John Sears Biography
John Sears is an American journalist working as a sports anchor for WHO 13 News. John is a local, growing up as long as he can remember in the Des Moines region.
He went to Dowling High School and later to the University of Iowa. He graduated with a degree in news-casting and interchanges. John takes care of everything sports-related. And so on; it’s probably he’s covered it.
In his extra time (not that he has a lot) John likes to play golf, mentor his child’s games groups, go out to a decent film or parody show, spend time with loved ones, and support his cherished Chicago Bears.
John and his better half Maria were wedded in 2008 and are kept occupied at home with their wild children Adrienne, Jack, and Sam in addition to their beagle, Bob, and feline Belle.
Assuming you have a story thought, go ahead and email john. John.firstname.lastname@example.org Or, you can follow him on Twitter @johnsears.
John Sears WHO 13 News
Singes joined the Channel 13 Sports group in July of 2012 subsequent to spending very nearly 6 years at KCRG in Cedar Rapids, IA as a Sports Reporter/Anchor.
Before that John spent a year at KMEG in Sioux City and a year at KRCG in Jefferson City, MO. There’s a decent opportunity John takes care of each secondary school group in the province of Iowa, in some game.
WHO 13 News Team
- Ed Wilson
- Jannay Towne
- Calyn Thompson
- Justin Surrency
- Taj Simmons
- Megan Salois
- Jeriann Ritter
- Roger Riley
- Megan Reuther
- Dave Price
- Natalie Paynter
- Cinthia Naranjo
- Keith Murphy
- Brett McIntyre
- Jodi Long
- Erin Kiernan
- Stephanie Johnson
- Mark Freund
- Zach Fisher
- Andy Fales
- Amber Alexander
- Dan Winters
John Sears Age
John is a local, growing up as long as he can remember in the Des Moines region. Information about his age will be updated as soon as possible.
John Sears Wife
He has been married to Maria since 2008. The couple has three kids together, Adrienne, Jack, and Sam in addition to their beagle, Bob, and feline Belle.
John Sears Height
He is approximately 5’9” tall.
John Sears Net Worth
He has an estimated net worth of between $1 million and $5 million.
John Sears Twitter
CLICK HERE to visit his Twitter page.
John Sears Facts
- In 8th grade, I cracked 3 vertebrae in my lower back from the stress of growing. I had to wear a back brace (full with ‘bendable’ metal rods) for 1 year. To make things more embarrassing for a 14 year old, the metal detector would go off at the airport and I had to take off my shirt, then show and explain that I had a back brace on.
- I played the piano for 4 years. I can still play ‘Yankee Doodle.’ I played the trumpet for a week in 6th grade.
- I was an intern at channel 13 in 2002. My very first interview was with Tito Ortiz (the light heavyweight champion of the world), this before MMA was really big. I interviewed him about the Mike Tyson-Lennox Lewis fight and whether or not he could take Tyson. He said Tyson wouldn’t last 30 seconds in the ring with him. Pretty sure that interview jumpstarted his career.
- I’ve had a high metabolism my whole life. I rarely ever gain weight, and yes I’ve tried. I used to drink three 2200 calorie protein shakes a day, it did nothing.
- I played baseball for 1 year in high school. I was a 1st baseman and could do the splits. In my very first at bat, on the very first pitch, I hit a homerun over the center field wall. Some say the ball still hasn’t landed. I retired after that season.
- My favorite sport to watch is football. My favorite sport to play is golf. When I was younger I played all sports, but was best at soccer and baseball.
- I was incredibly shy when I was younger.
- I had white/blonde hair growing up, it’s now brown. My wife has brown hair. Our daughter has red hair, go figure. I love it.
- I taught swim lessons for 5 years as a college summer job, proof that even I can somewhat get a tan. My very first job was at Soccer Connections, a soccer sporting goods store.
- One of the very first stories I covered as a ‘paid’ sports reporter was Boston vs St. Louis in the 2004 World Series. My first job was in Jefferson City, MO…Huge Cardinal territory.
- I’m a sucker for good pepperoni pizza, BBQ, lasagna, pancheros burritos, mint chocolate chip shakes and hot tamales.
- I had 2 pet iguana’s growing up. 1 named Iggy, the other Bo (after Bo Jackson).
- I (along with 2 buddies) used to sweep the floor at halftime of our boy’s high school basketball games. We would dress up in full costume while sweeping.