Betsy Kling Biography
Betsy Kling is an American weather meteorologist from Ohio, who works at Channel 3 News as the chief meteorologist. Passionate and dedicated to delivering the very best in weather forecasts, Betsy has pretty much dedicated her entire adult life so far to reporting on the weather.
Betsy Kling Age
She is at the age of 44 as of 2019. She was born on 3rd March of 1975.
Betsy Kling Net Worth
Her net worth is over a million dollars since she has an estimated salary of $65,453.
Betsy Kling Husband/Children/Daughters/Wedding
She is married to Paul Thomas. The couple married in August 1999 via a wedding ceremony in front of their invited guests. Last year the pair marked their 19th anniversary. The couple have a family of four. The couple first met back when Betsy joined Fort Wayne where Paul worked. During her second week there, Betsy crossed path with Paul while making a joke about his hair. The next time they came face to face to each other, Betsy took his elbow and apologized.
At that very moment, Paul realized that Betsy is the one for him. Eventually, the relationship between the two prospered turning it into love and with time, they were pronounced each other husband and wife. Well, the pair is not just partners but also proud parents to their two baby girls. Indeed, Betsy shares two girls with her husband Paul. After being married for almost a decade, the couple decided to have a family of their own. So, in 2008, Betsy welcomed her first baby daughter Josie who is now at the age of 10.
Years later in 2015, Betsy welcomed her second baby girl, Violette Susanna. With the arrival of Violette, Betsy shares a family-of-four with her lawfully wedded husband Paul. Violette is now at the age of 3. Being a proud mom, Betsy often appears with her children during the forecasting, especially during holiday seasons. The mother and daughters make quite an impression on their audiences with their love-filled weather forecast as they appear together every year.
Betsy Kling Early Life/Education
Betsy was born in North Ohio and spent most of her early life living there. Her mother is a seamstress and she admits that growing up with a mother who made her own clothes made her more fashion savvy and frugal with regards to spending money on clothes. Betsy completed her graduation from Bowling Green State University with a degree in Journalism (Minor: Meteorology) in 1997. Later in 1999, she went to Mississippi State University where she completed her education in Broadcast Meteorology in 2002.
Betsy Kling Career
As a meteorologist, Betsy has worked in Jacksonville, Florida and Fort Wayne, Indiana but is now currently stationed at Channel 3 news in Ohio. Betsy has earned herself quite a slew of accolades throughout her career and these include :
- Emmy Award in the News category – Christmas 2012 ‘Twas the Night Before the Blizzard.
- Emmy Award in the Crafts category in 2009 & another award for her coverage of the shuttle tragedy in Columbia in 2003.
- 6 Emmy Award nominations for News and Crafts between the years 2005 and 2012.
- The Ohio Associated Press also awarded Kling first place for Best Regularly Scheduled Weather in 2007.
- Throughout the course of her career, she has continued to shine and climb up the ranks of success, raking in plenty of other accolades from various magazines and organizations that include being accredited by the American Meteorological Society, an accomplishment only very few women in the US can boast.
- She has also been featured in the Cleveland Magazine for her outstanding work, naming her one of the city’s most interesting people in 2010.
Betsy Kling Twitter
Betsy Kling Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Always a highlight of my year.. @wkyc Weather Education Day at Progressive Field. We talk weather and baseball and @greatlakessciencecenter blows stuff up! @neorsd reminds us of flooding danger in our urban water cycle and NWS Cleveland talks safety. The kids are the real stars tho 🤩 @indians @wkyc3 #3weather