Aaron Neville Biography
Aaron Neville whose birth name is Aaron Joseph Nevillewas born on January 24, 1941.He is an American R&B and soul vocalist and musician.
He has had four platinum albums and four Top 10 hits in the United States, including three that went to #1 on Billboard’s Adult Contemporary chart. His debut single, from 1966, was #1 on the Soul chart for five weeks. Aaron Neville has also recorded with his brothers Art, Charles and Cyril as The Neville Brothers and is the father of singer/keyboards player Ivan Neville. Neville is of mixed African-American, Caucasian, and Native American (Choctaw) heritage.
Aaron Neville Age
Aaron Neville was born on January 24, 1941, in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States. He is currently 78 years old as of 2019.
Aaron Neville Early Life
Aaron Neville was born on January 24, 1941, in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States to a merchant marine sailor and his wife as one of their several children. His siblings include brothers Art, Charles and Cyril. The family is of mixed African American and Native American heritage.
Even though the family was poor, the children were raised in a happy atmosphere. Their mother was a loving and caring woman who often sang to the children and also encouraged their budding love for music. Aaron inherited his zest for life from his mother who he hailed as a wonderful woman.
As a teenager trying to become a singer, he often got into troubles as well. Growing up in a poverty ridden community surrounded by drug abuse and violence, Aaron developed a drug addiction and even got into legal troubles for his misdeeds.
Aaron Neville Wife
As a teenager, Aaron Neville met a girl named Joel in 1957 and immediately fell in love with her. The couple got married on January 10, 1959; both were 18 years old at that time. They were blessed with four children and remained happily married for several decades even though their relationship went through some tough times in between.
Aaron Neville Career
Aaron Neville, along with his brothers, Cyril, Charles, and Art formed an R&B group called The Hawketts and began performing in New Orleans in the mid-1950s. They first tasted moderate success with the song ‘Mardi Gras Mambo’ which became a local hit in 1954.
Aaron was well on the way to becoming a popular singer, but his drug habits and bad company created hindrance in his career. In 1958, the teenager was arrested for car theft and had to spend six months in prison under terrible conditions. Following his prison experience, the young man resolved to rebuild his musical career.
Aaron Neville Songs
- Tell it like it is
- Don’t know much
- Everybody plays the fool
- Don’t take away my Heaven
- For the good times
- Ave Maria
- Th grand tour
- It feels like rain
- Crazy love
- Goodbye my friend
- Louisiana 1927
- You never can tell
- Say what’s in my heart
- A change is gonna come
- Angola Bound
- Yellow moon
- Use me
- Stand by me
- I fall to pieces
- I owe You One
- Don’t go please stay
- Somewhere, Somebody
Aaron Neville Face Tattoo
Neville got his facial tattoo (of a cross) when he was 16 years old.
Aaron Neville Albums
- Midnight at St. Jude’s
- Jazz Vocalists – Verve 50
- Sehorn’s Soul Farm – 50 New Orleans Soul Classics
- Gospel’s Best – Christmas
- The Greatest Singers Of All Time
- Allen Toussaint – Everything I Do Gonh Be Funky
- Soul Sensations: Aaron Neville
- The Sound Of Aaron Neville
- R&B Funk & Soul
- Finger Poppin’ And Stompin’ Feet
- Highlights of Aaron Neville
- Rhino Hi-Five
- Tell It Like It Is – The Par Lo Years
- Gotta Serve Somebody
- Best Of
- Young and Great
- Man Up (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- American Legend (Live at Avo Session Basel 2011)
- Warm Your Heart
Aaron Neville Awards|Achievements
- In 1990, Aaron Neville along with Linda Ronstadt won the Grammy Award for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals for ‘Don’t Know Much.’ The next year the duo won the Grammy Award for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals for ‘All My Life.’
- He twice won the Rolling Stone Critics’ Poll for Best Male Singer (1992 and 1993).
- In 1994, Neville and Trisha Yearwood were presented with the Grammy Award for Best Country & Western Vocal Collaboration for ‘I Fall to Pieces.’
- In 2010, Neville was inducted in the Louisiana Music Hall Of Fame, while he was performing at Baton Rouge’s Manship Theater in the Shaw Center.
- He was given the University of Notre Dame Laetare Medal in 2015 in recognition of his service to the Catholic Church and society.
Aaron Neville Net Worth
The American R&B and soul singer Aaron Neville has a net worth of $8 million. Aaron Neville’s net worth grew from a successful solo music career, spanning over the 40 year period. He’s most famous for being a member of the group The Neville Brothers.