Aaron Eckhart Biography
Aaron Eckhart is an American actor. Aaron Eckhart is an American actor. He received wide recognition as George in Steven Soderbergh’s critically acclaimed film Erin Brockovich (2000). In the year 2006, he was the recepient of a Golden Globe nomination for his portrayal of Nick Naylor in Thank You for Smoking.
His other mainstream breakout occurred in 2008 when he starred in the blockbuster Batman film The Dark Knight as District Attorney Harvey Dent. Other key roles include The Pledge (2001), The Core (2003), Paycheck (2003), Rabbit Hole (2010), Battle: Los Angeles (2011), Olympus Has Fallen (2013) and its sequel London Has Fallen (2016), I, Frankenstein (2014), and Sully (2016).
Aaron Eckhart Age
Eckhart was born on March 12, 1968, and is 51 years old as of 2019.
Aaron Eckhart Family
His full name is Aaron Edward Eckhart. He Was born in Cupertino, California, the son of Mary Martha Eckhart, a writer, artist, and poet, and James Conrad Eckhart, a computer executive. He’s the youngest of three brothers. His father is of German-Russian descent, while his mother has English, German, Scots-Irish, and Scottish ancestry.Aaron Eckhart
Raised as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, he served a two-year mission in France and Switzerland. Aaron’s family relocated to England in 1981, following his father’s job in information technology. In addition, the family also moved around Surrey, living in towns such as Cobham, Ripley, and Walton-on-Thames.
Aaron Eckhart Education
He was enrolled in American Community School, which is currently known as ACS International Schools. He later joined American International School of Sydney for his high school. In 1994, he graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree of Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
Aaron Eckhart Wife
He had an affair with an actress Kristyn Osborn. He was also romantically linked with an American actress Emily Cline in 1998, and he was engaged with the actress, they had in during the filming of In the Company of Men and later they separated in 1998.
He was linked with Ashley Wick after his breakup, after a few years of dating, he ended his relation, there were also rumors that they separated due t Aaron’s relationship with other girls. He started dating an American supermodel and actress Molly Sims After his breakup. But exact details about their dating are missing. He is not married yet and there is no information relating to Aaron’s spouse or children.
Aaron Eckhart Bleed For This
The film itself is based on the true story of World Champion boxer Vinny Pazienza (Miles Teller), he mounts one of greatest comebacks in sports, just 13 months after a head-on car crash leaves him with a broken neck.
As Pazienza’s trainer, he then becomes the force behind a recovery that many thoughts wasn’t possible. “Both of these guys have been on top and have taken a fall,” says Eckhart. “But they are able to come together and support each other. And they never give up. This movie is about scratching and crawling your way back to the top. You can have as many chances as you have the imagination.
In his role as real-life boxing trainer Kevin Rooney in Bleed for This called for him to gain 40 pounds and shave his head, he didn’t hesitate, as quoted It’s definitely more of a challenge to play an actual person because they are, in some ways, going to be defined by it for the rest of their lives,” says Eckhart.
“It’s your responsibility as an actor to get as close to the real thing as you possibly can.” because I’m usually really active,” he says. “About three months before the film, I completely stopped working out. I also changed my diet and started eating tons of pizza. Gaining 40 pounds really changes your headspace. It helped me get to the place I needed to be to play a character that is a drinker, a gambler, and generally down on his luck.
Aaron Eckhart Mormon
He grew up in the LDS faith, in 1997 he was “disfellowshipped” due to his controversial views and writings, cast Eckhart in several of his movies, beginning with “In the Company of Men” (LaBute’s play “Bash,” which was produced in 1999, depicted Mormon characters who did not behave in accordance with the church’s teachings.
He has had formally left the church. Eckhart has appeared in several of LaBute’s films and played the title character’s boyfriend in “Erin Brockovich” and the villainous Two-Face in “The Dark Knight.” His relationship with the church of Mormonism is somewhat unclear.
He told Entertainment Weekly, “I’m sure people think I’m a Mormon, but I don’t know that I’m a Mormon anymore, you know?…I’d be a hypocrite if I did say that I was, just because I haven’t lived that lifestyle for so many years.” Eckhart admits to drinking, smoking, and other non-LDS-approved behavior in his past, but claims to have cleaned up his act.
Aaron Eckhart Acting Career
As an undergraduate at BYU, Eckhart met director and writer Neil LaBute, who cast him in several of his own original plays. Five years later Eckhart made a debut as an unctuous, sociopathic ladies’ man in LaBute’s black comedy film In the Company of Men (1997). Under LaBute’s guidance, he has worked in the director’s films Your Friends & Neighbours (1998), Nurse Betty (2000), and Possession(2002).
Aaron Eckhart started his acting debut in 1992, the thriller film Double Jeopardy in the character of Dwayne. he was featured in thriller movie Slaughter of the Innocents that was produced in 1993. He was well featured in an American sci-fi fantasy sitcom Aliens in the Family in 1996. In 1998 he made his appearance in black comedy film Your Friends & Neighbors and American crime thriller black comedy film.
He appeared in numerous movie including Conversations with Other Women in 2006, The Wicker Man and The Black Dahlia. The same year his performance in comedy-drama film Thank You for Smoking in the character of Nick Naylor, he was nominated for several awards Golden Globe Award, Independent Spirit Award and St. Louis Gateway Film Critics Association Award.
Eckhart gained wide recognition as George in Steven Soderbergh’s critically acclaimed film Erin Brockovich (2000), and in 2006 received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor for his portrayal of Nick Naylor in Thank You for Smoking. Another mainstream breakout occurred in 2008 when he starred in the blockbuster Batman film The Dark Knight as District Attorney Harvey Dent.
Aaron Eckhart has also been featured in the movies like.
- No Reservations (2007),
- The Dark Knight (2008),
- Love Happens (2009),
- Battle: Los Angeles (2011),
- Erased (2012),
- Olympus Has Fallen (2013),
- I, Frankenstein (2014)
- London Has Fallen (2015).
He is now focused on his future production movies Bleed for This and Sully. Aaron Eckhart had been fantastic throughout his acting career. Other key roles include The Pledge (2001), The Core (2003), Rabbit Hole (2010) Battle: Los Angeles (2011), Olympus Has Fallen (2013) and its sequel London Has Fallen (2016), I, Frankenstein (2014), and Sully (2016).
Aaron Eckhart Awards And Achievements
- He won Taormina International Film Festival in in1997 as the Best Actor. In the Company of Men (Tie w/ D. Douche La vie de Jésus)
- He won an Independent Spirit Award – Best Debut Performance in1998.In the Company of Men.
- He won the Satellite Award / Special Achievement Award – Outstanding New Talent
In the Company of Men
- He was nominated in the Chicago Film Critics Association Awards – Most Promising Actor In the Company of Men
- He was nominated in Online Film & Television Association – Best Breakthrough Performance – Male In the Company of Men
- He was nominated in the Satellite Award – Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical Thank You for Smoking in 2006.
- He was nominated in the St. Louis Film Critics Association – Best Actor Thank You for Smoking2007
- He was nominated in the Golden Globe Awards – Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical
Thank You for Smoking
- He was nominated in the Independent Spirit Award – Best Male Lead Thank You for Smoking
- He was nominated in the Prism Award – Performance in a Feature Film Thank You for Smoking
- He Won the ACCA Awards – Best Cast Ensemble
The Dark Knight (shared w/ the rest of the cast)
- He won the Central Ohio Film Critics Association – Best Ensemble in 2009.
- He Won the People’s Choice Award – Favorite Cast, the Dark Knight (shared w/ the rest of the cast)
- He was nominated in the Saturn Awards – Best Supporting Actor, the Dark Knight (shared w/ the rest of the cast)
- He was nominated in the Critics Choice Award – Best Acting Ensemble. The Dark Knight (shared w/ the rest of the cast)
- He was nominated in the Gold Derby Award – Ensemble Cast in the Dark Knight (shared w/ the rest of the cast)
- He was nominated in the Davis Award – Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in 2010.
- He was nominated in the San Diego Film Critics Society Awards – Best Actor Rabbit Hole in 2011
Aaron Eckhart Movies | Filmography
- The Rum Diary (2011)
- Battle Los Angeles (2011)
- Rabbit Hole (2010)
- Love Happens (2009)
- The Dark Knight (2008)
- Towelhead (2007)
- Meet Bill (2007)
- No Reservations (2007)
- The Wicker Man (2006)
- The Black Dahlia (2006)
- Neverwas (2005)
- Thank You for Smoking (2005)
- Conversations with Other Women (2005)
- Suspect Zero (2004)
- Paycheck (2003)
- The Missing (I) (2003)
- The Core (2003)
- The Pledge (I) (2001)
- Possession (2002)
- Nurse Betty (2000)
- Erin Brockovich (2000)
- Any Given Sunday (1999)
- Molly (1999)
- Thursday (1998)
- Your Friends & Neighbors (1998)
- In the Company of Men (1997)
- Slaughter of the Innocents (1993)
Aaron Eckhart Net Worth
His net worth can be estimated to be $25 million.
Aaron Eckhart Body-Measurements
- Hair color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Blue
- Height: 6ft (183 cm)
- Weight: 165 pounds (75 kg)
- Biceps: 15 in (39 cm)
- Waist: 31 in (78 cm)
- Chest: 42 in (106 cm)